Jalal Toufic, full Jalal Omran Toufic (Arabic: جلال عمران توفيق) is a thinker and a mortal to death. He was born in 1962 in Beirut or Baghdad and died before dying in 1989 in Evanston, Illinois. Many of his books, most of which were published by Forthcoming Books, are available for download as PDF files at his website. He was a participant in the Sharjah Biennials 11, 10, and 6, the 9th Shanghai Biennale, Documenta 13, Art in the Auditorium III (Whitechapel Gallery …) and Six Lines of Flight (San Francisco Museum of Modern Art). He was a guest in 2011 of the Artists-in-Berlin Program of the DAAD.
- PhD in Radio/TV/Film, Northwestern University, 1992.
- MA in Cinema Studies, New York University, 1987.
- BA in Philosophy, American University of Beirut, 1984.
- The Dancer's Two Bodies (2015)
- What Were You Thinking? (2011)
- The Portrait of the Pubescent Girl: A Rite of Non-Passage (2011)
- What Is the Sum of Recurrently? (2010)
- Graziella: The Corrected Edition (2009)
- The Withdrawal of Tradition Past a Surpassing Disaster (2009)
- ‘Âshûrâ’: This Blood Spilled in My Veins (2005)
- Two or Three Things I’m Dying to Tell You (2005)
- Undying Love, or Love Dies (2002)
- Forthcoming (2000; 2nd ed., 2014)
- Over-Sensitivity (1996; 2nd ed., 2009)
- (Vampires): An Uneasy Essay on the Undead in Film (1993; revised and expanded edition, 2003)
- Distracted (1991; 2nd ed., 2003)
- Jalal Toufic's Website Accessed November 16, 2013.
- Official Website
- Jalal Toufic at vimeo
- Jalal Toufic at IMDB
- A Conversation Between Walid Raad and Jalal Toufic Dedicated to Walid Raad June 11, 2010
- Q and A following the lecture “Two or Three Things I’m Dying to Tell You about The Thousand and One Nights,” in “Indicated by Signs,” Beirut Art Center, September 23, 2009
- Visiting Artist lecture, Department of Visual Arts, Franke Institute, University of Chicago, February 17, 2009
- A Hitherto Unrecognized Apocalyptic Photographer: The Universe, e-flux journal, issue 55, May 2014