Philip S. Khoury
Philip S. Khoury (Arabic: فيليب خوري; born October 15, 1949, Washington, D.C., USA) is a political and social historian of the Middle East. He is Ford International Professor of History and Associate Provost at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Recovering Beirut: Urban Design and Post-war Reconstruction (Brill, 1993)
- The Modern Middle East: A Reader (Palgrave/MacMillan, 1993)
- Tribes and State Formation in the Middle East (University of California Press, 1990)
- Syria and the French Mandate (Princeton University Press, 1987)
- Urban Notables and Arab Nationalism (Cambridge University Press, 1983)
- George Louis Beer Prize for Syria and the French Mandate: The Politics of Arab Nationalism (1987)
- Philip S. Khoury MIT. Accessed November 7, 2013.